Saturday 22 June 2013

REVERBNATION SHOCK AND AWE - GUN (BY SUM)

REVERBNATION SHOCK AND AWE - GUN (BY SUM)

"I aint troublesome i'm the safest" - Kano  Typical Me




Ever so often when you open your Reverbnation account ( If you are like me and trusts no one by leaving my browser to remember my logins), I get a shock by one of their featured artists they are promoting.  In this instance my shock and awe belongs to the lo fidelity sounding, analogue injecting, proper compressing alternative rap hip hop indie artist that goes by the name of Sum.  

I pledge to give his stuff a proper review later as I learn more about his influences of he names as: AB Soul, Killer Mike, Sandman. 

I can sense the seriousness this artist is taking to their public perception by way of their imagery. It almost reads as criminal that their highest rank in whichever charts (Indie-hop) is only #210.  

One thing I will say about the opening howl to this track is that it is reminiscent of PMT Tricky, dripping with dread. 

Have a listen to Gun and we will get back to Sum. 

I am on your side too...



Other tracks in my review mental note:



Rae Burnz


No comments:

Post a Comment